The group leader has put their trust in D’Amico Travel to plan a successful vacation for their family and friends. They requested our assistance to book and manage every reservation so they can focus on having a stress-free vacation. We want everyone to have an incredible experience. Only rooms booked through D’Amico Travel will count towards the group’s events and amenities. They have asked that you book through D’Amico Travel to make this event the celebration they had intended. You’re welcome to reach out when you are ready to book if it’s beyond the booking deadline and we will be happy to assist in obtaining a room should the resort have availability.
Booking your room:
What steps do I need to take to book my room?
1. Select a room from the options below along with your exact travel dates. Please include the full legal names of all guests staying in the room as they appear on their passports (or will appear–passport numbers aren’t required to book). Please verify all of your info, dates prior to submitting. Please ensure that you include the cell number that you will have with you on the vacation so that the transfer company can communicate with you if necessary.
2. Submit the reservation form. Please note this doesn’t book the vacation & charge your card. It just sends the info over to the D’Amico Travel Team and your reservation will be emailed to you within 3 business days for review and approval PRIOR to placing your deposit. It’s best if you include your credit card info in your reservation form so that you don’t have to fill out a payment form right after. Your card will not be charged until all guests using separate credit cards approve their invoice.
3. The invoice will be sent to you for final approval within 3 business days of submitting the form. Please approve the invoice the same day, which authorizes your non-refundable deposit for the room. Your room isn’t reserved until the invoice is approved and your deposit has been placed.
4. If the room you want is no longer available, please select “Custom” & place a note in the comments indicating the room that you want. It will be requested from the resort which typically takes about 10 business days. Once it’s confirmed you will receive an invoice to review/approve.
5. The cost of the travel insurance is due at the time of deposit if you’re purchasing this option and is in addition to your deposit for the resort. Insurance is nonrefundable.
What do I do if I don’t receive an invoice to review?
Please check your spam for an email from D’Amico Travel. If you still don’t see it, please contact us.
What if I’m sharing a room with someone else and we want to use different credit cards for payment?
If guests sharing a room are paying with a separate credit card, each guest should fill out their own form & indicate the name of their roommate(s) in the notes section.
Can I request a king or a room with two double beds?
If your room category name specifies the bedding (ex. Jr Suite King or Jr Suite Double), then you will get that type, but many room categories don’t specify. We will note your special requests for bedding, and while the hotel will do their best to accommodate, requests are not guaranteed. Ultimately the resort assigns rooms upon check-in. REQUESTS ARE NOT GUARANTEED. If you do not receive the bedding you requested, please work with hotel management. However, due to a complex inventory management system at most resorts, there may not be a room with the bedding type requested in the category/dates reserved.
What happens if the room category or travel dates I want aren’t available to book?
We will be happy to request the room from the resort, which will take approximately 10 business days. As long as the resort has the room available, they will typically turn the room over to the group. It just takes a little time for them to do the transfer and load it in our system, so we can book it for you. This will take approximately 10 business days (some times more, sometimes less.) Group rates are not guaranteed for deviations from the block at hotel’s discretion.
Can we get all of our rooms together?
We always request that our groups are placed in close proximity, however the resort is unable to guarantee room location until check in due to complex inventory system. Location of rooms also depend on the room category type. If you are booking a category that is not located in the same building or area of the resort as others in the group, the hotel would not be able to put you next to each other. An example would be if one party is in a preferred level of service and the other is not- it would not be possible for rooms to be assigned next to each other.
Can I do a payment plan?
Anytime you want to make a payment towards your reservation, please fill out this payment form & your payment will be processed within 3 business days. Keep in mind it is not an automatic withdraw and will manually be processed.
Is this invoice total for just me or everyone in my room?
The invoice total is for everyone in the room. It is each guests’ responsibility to keep track of what they owe for their portion of the room and submit their payments accordingly.
What happens if my roommate cancels? Does the cost of my room change??
Yes, it does. If there were two adults in the room, the cost will go from a double to a single rate. The rate for a single person is generally higher than that of a double occupancy room, so in that case the person remaining will owe the difference in room rate.
Can I add someone later? Can I change names?
Changes can be made up until final payment. A $25 non-refundable change penalty is assessed for each change made to the reservation. Change requests must be submitted at least 7 days prior to final payment or changes may be subject to additional penalties.
Can extra rooms be added at the same rate for last-minute guests?
Rooms will be offered at the group rate until the booking date. At that point, the rooms will be released back to the resort, but if you decide to book after the booking deadline, we’re happy to request the room for you so that you’re included with the group. The pricing/availability will be at the current rates.
Can guests from outside of the United States book through the group?
Yes, but they will pay the United States rates offered for the group.
What happens if I have to cancel?
Your deposit is non-refundable and after your final payment date, the payment in full is non-refundable. Travel insurance is highly recommended to help protect your vacation investment. Travel insurance, like all insurance policies that exist , is nonrefundable.
Transfers and Travel Insurance:
Does my package include airport transfers while in the destination?
Roundtrip airport transfers (the ride between the airport and hotel) are a service we include with your room package. To confirm this service for you, we must submit a complete list of passengers and flights to the transfer company at least 60 days prior to travel. We will be sending you emails about this so you can submit your flight itinerary to us. The transfers included will pick you up at the airport on the day we have you checking in at the resort and bring you back to the airport on the day we have you checking out. Deviations to dates and vehicle upgrades are available for an additional cost.
Travel Insurance–Do I need that?
This coverage is strongly recommended, especially when traveling internationally. The resort won’t refund you because of flight delays/cancellations, illness, and other miscellaneous reasons. A quote will be provided once your reservation form is submitted. The quote & policy info will be sent to you for review prior to receiving the invoice. Once insurance is purchased, it is non-refundable. If you have specific questions regarding coverage, please contact the insurance company directly.
Passports & Entry/Exit Requirements:
What documentation do I need to travel? Do I need it to book my room?
Everyone including children need a valid passport book to travel with at least six months left prior to the passport expiration. It is not necessary to have your passport at the time of booking; however, you should apply for it immediately. Some destinations may require other documentation such as vaccination cards. Please refer to requirements per destination. Travel requirements are subject to change at any time prior to your departure.
Do I have to have a COVID-19 test entering the destination?
If you’re traveling to Mexico or the Dominican Republic a Covid test is not required to enter. If you are traveling to another country, please check their tourism website for the required testing protocol. Please note this information is subject to change at any time, so it’s best to start monitoring it about a month from your travel date.
Do I have to have a COVID-19 test when leaving the destination?
No, a test to return to the United States is no longer required. As of Full details can be found at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html Please refer to your resort’s website details on testing.
**All COVID-19 information contained is current as of the date of this communication. Due to the fluid nature of rules and regulations related to the ongoing pandemic, all information is subject to change without notice. All attempts will be made to keep you informed of any changes, however it is your responsibility to stay current on laws/regulations/requirements and obtain any testing and/or documentation that is required for travel.
What extras are not included?
Tours, departure taxes for Mexico & Costa Rica (usually about $10-15 per person payable at the airport – see more info below), checked baggage fees for airlines, tips for airport transfers, room service, baggage handlers and tours, spa, etc.
Additional Destination Specific Fees- NOT Included in the Contracted Group Rates:
The following destination fees are NOT included in your contracted group rates and cannot be collected or paid for in advance.
- Belize: $56.25 per person Departure/Security/
- Costa Rica: $1.13 per person security charge
- Costa Rica: $29.00 per person airport departure tax
- St Lucia: $21.00 per person departure tax
- St. Martin/St. Maarten: $30.00 per person airport departure tax
- Antigua and Barbuda: $5.00 per person per night Tourism Guest Levy
- Riviera Maya Eco Tax – Municipality of Solidaridad The Municipality of Solidaridad will be charging an Eco Tax of 20.00 Mexico Pesos (approx. $1.10 USD) per room per night.This amount is not included in your vacation price and will be collected at your hotel. These funds are being used to protect, maintain and conserve the natural beauty of the destination the area and its surroundings.
- Los Cabos Environmental Sanitation Tax – Municipality of Baja California Sur. The Municipal Government of Baja California Sur will be charging all guests in the area of Los Cabos an Environmental Sanitation Tax of a minimum 33.68 Mexican Pesos (approx. $1.70 USD) per room per night. This amount is not included in your vacation price and will be collected at your hotel. These funds are being used to protect, maintain and conserve the extraordinary beauty of the area.
- Cancun and Puerto Morelos Environmental Sanitation Tax – Municipality of Benito Juarez The Municipal Government of Benito Juarez will be charging all guests in the area of Cancun and Puerto Morelos an Environmental Sanitation Tax of a minimum 30.00 Mexican Pesos (approx. $1.60 USD) per room per night. This amount is not included in your vacation price and will be collected at your hotel. These funds are being used to protect, maintain and conserve the extraordinary beauty of the area
- Cancun – Quintana Roo The state of Quintana Roo has just implemented a new mandatory tax, VISITAX, to be paid by visitors departing Cancun and Cozumel on April 1, 2021 and onward. The tax is approximately $10.00 USD per person (depending on current exchange rate). Visitors can pay prior to departing for their resort, at the Cancun or Cozumel Airport upon arrival or departure, or at any time prior to their departure back home. However, we highly recommend that you complete the transaction prior to the commencement of your vacation by visiting the secure VISITAX website, http://visitax.gob.mx/sitio/ (change between Spanish and English on upper right of screen). You will be asked to answer a few questions: name(s), age(s), passport number(s), departure date, and data for electronic payment. Upon completion of payment, they will receive a receipt in the form of a QR code. Payment for families and groups may be made in a single transaction with individual QR code receipts provided. Kiosks will also be available at the Cancun and Cozumel airports to collect payment and provide a QR code, and assistance will be available.
Do I need to tip since I’m staying at an all-inclusive?
Tipping is technically included, but it’s always great to tip for great service. Be prepared by bringing small bills with you so you have plenty of money for tips.
What types of events are occurring? What’s the dress code for the events?
Please contact the group leader for these details.
What is the resort dress code?
It’s best to check the resort’s website for dress code requirements under the restaurant section. Some restaurants may require pants and closed-toed shoes for men.
Do I need to exchange money?
While US dollars are widely accepted in most destinations, there are certain destinations that may require local currency.
For additional info, check out our guide Travel Tips, Advice, and Insights at https://damicotravel.com/tips/